Friday 19 October 2012

How regular Backup is related to data recovery


I have gone through many articles or blogs related to data backups and recovery, and most commonly used term I noticed in all articles is “regular backups”. So I analyze this term in depth. Before discussing this term, I would like to discuss facts that shows: how data backups are related to data recovery.

Backup protects your data from loss in the situations of crash, ensuring data safety. If you perform backup of your drive or volume, then it is for sure that you don't need to go for any recovery. As we know “prevention is better than cure”, we should apply this statement here also, in terms of “backup is better than recovery”.

Let me tell you my real life tragedy.That was my first family trip and all my beautiful memories I captured, in my sony camera, i.e video recordings ,pics etc. I had deleted everything from camera in order to make memory free to have some more pics and recordings, after transferring it to my system. But unfortunately I lost my all pics. Than I buy some photo recovery software and these softwares are costly but Unfortunately I have no other solution. Because if data is important than there is no alternative.


If you have ever lost your important file , or ever performed restore a backup than you will got what I am trying to explain you. What will be your condition when after giving hours effort in making presentation, which you will be delivering tomorrow is lost. It happened, when after some time you come back to give a last touch to your presentation, and found that your recent changes are not saved.
It kills you right?

Now let concentrate on the term 'regular backups'. So, what you people understand by taking regular backups. Yes, it is known to all that taking regular backups is important for data safety in order to keep it far from the need of recovery.
Actually today all users, irrespective of the OS they have, know the need of taking backps and cloning their drive, but even then they didn't indulge themselves into such activities. Because people are generally figure out 'backups' as complex,time taken and annoying process.

By saying 'regular' what it means: weekly, monthly, daily, or if whenever you have time? So,what exactly 'regular' means here! Because when you go in depth or focus in detail, you would find that there is always a gap between two consecutive backups. Means in the mean time the changes and addittions you made to the data may be not saved.

So I personaly prefer Stellar drive clone software to clonemac os x.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To make your comment live kindly pay attention :-

Don't include spam words and
Don't give links in your comments.