Thursday 11 October 2012

Mount Mac volume | How to mount volume in Mac Lion


How to repair or mount unmounted Mac volume in OS X Lion ? A query I was searching for, a few days ago. It was the end of September 2012 when I was creating presentation on my Mac with OS X Lion. All of sudden the power went off causing an unintentional shut down of my Mac.

After an hour or two, when I restarted my machine, it shocked me. There was no volume at desktop. It was very pathetic because it was going to kill my efforts of many hours. Technically, I grade myself 1 out of 10. After consulting a friend I came to know about disk utility – an inbuilt tool to take care of diks related issues.

There, all the three volumes out of four were visible except the one I was working upon. It was shaded and renamed in some ridiculous manner. Technically, it got unmounted. As per my friend's suggestion, I selected the volume and clicked “verify disk”. Got an error message in red and then I tried to fix the problem by clicking “repair disk” but all in vain. Unfortunately, it didn't work and raised my tension to a new peak.

Now, formatting the volume was the last solution left with me but, it was risky because it could have deleted all my data in it.

After too many hits and trials I found another third party tool – Stellar Drive ToolBox. It has Volume Repair to fix verification and permission related issues in Mac disk. When I run the mudule, it fixed the issue in one go.

I am not so techie to explain all the 12 features of this tool but want to thank the Stellar Drive ToolBox mounting my Mac volume without data loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To make your comment live kindly pay attention :-

Don't include spam words and
Don't give links in your comments.