Monday 20 August 2012

How do I defrag my Mac Hard Drive | Defrag Mac OS X

How do I defrag my mac? Is it really needed to defrag Mac hard drive ? Such questions come to mind especially to new Mac bie who recently switch from windows to Mac.

 You don't need to defrag it, ever. It does it automatically."
"But even it's running really slow..."
"Repair permissions or something. Defragging is not necessary actually on a mac."
" it's not required, Mac’s do it themselves, blah blah blah"

These are some common replies we get while searching for optimizing tools in Mac or usually you read in comments, they ask about how do they defrag Mac.

The truth is, there is need to defragmenting Mac to boost Mac performance or to optimize it.

 
It has two massive flaws which I feel people must need to be made aware of:-


HFS+ file system of Mac OS X lion has inbuilt feature of doing defragging of files automatically but upto a very small size of 20mb only.

So, If you're a working in MNC’s, a photographer, movie producer, a songwriter or anything which involves working with many large files, then you are required to use some third party defragmentation tool to take care of such fragmented files.

Why is space fragmentation a big problem?
The small sized memory cannot be used to store a large file even if they accumulated total size is larger than required one. Suppose the small free spaces(gaps) created, are combined together by defragmentation to form large blocks of free space available in a part of the drive, then an entire file can be stored/written to it.

So, the only option is to buy a Mac drive defragmenting software like Stellar Drive Defrag. I know this is made you pay once some (39)dollars,but believe me, this is something you really need to do soon in your Mac.

I Love my Mac and I never want to see it sluggish. After experiencing a series of software as I am very old user of Mac, I found Stellar Drive Defrag easy to use apps. I have been using it since many years and it has done a fantastic job.

It has a number of other features as well, For more details about this tools you may refer the below link: 
http://www.stellardefragdrive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

To make your comment live kindly pay attention :-

Don't include spam words and
Don't give links in your comments.